jueves, 5 de septiembre de 2019

Movies: "Who loves Gilbert Grape?" and "Once uppon a time in Hollywood"

My favorite movie is “Who loves Gilbert Grape?”. I watched it randomly, only because in Netflix I saw that Di Caprio acts on it when he was 9 years old. He interpreted a child with mental disabilities, and I couldn’t understand how he was capable at that age to do such a impressive imitation of that condition. Also, Johnny Depp acts in the movie, like the big brother of Di Caprio. He was 24 years old. The movie was nominated to Golden Globes and Oscar prices. 

Resultado de imagen para who loves gilbert grape

I like this kind of movies. Social drama, also historic movies sometimes. But lately I’ve been watching more documentaries than movies. I feel that every Netflix movie is similar, or maybe I am trapped in the algorithm.

The last movie I saw was “Once upon a time in Hollywood”, of Tarantino. Also, Di Caprio acts on it. And is the first time that we do it at the side of Brad Pitt. I think is a great movie, but unnecessarily long. I think the conflict doesn’t cook itself in 2 hours, and suddenly everything is going on. I would recommend it only to Tarantino fans.  

Resultado de imagen para once upon a time in hollywood

3 comentarios:

  1. I've heard a lot of comments saying that "Once upon a time in hollywood" wasn't good enough and I haven't see it yet :( I hope that don't disappoint me

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I also watched "Who loves Gilbert Grape?" and I liked....
    DiCaprio and Depp are really great actors! They're my favourites with Jack Nicholson.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I love both of this movies, the acting of DiCaprio in all of his movies are awesome, I disagre whit you about the long of "Once upon a time in Hollywood", because I love long and slow movies.

    ResponderEliminar

Summer Plans

This is the typical month that everybody is hating university (or school, or work) because is almost the end of the year but also the fina...